The TJA1050 is the interface between the Controller Area Network (CAN) protocol controller and the physical bus.
The device provides differential transmit capability to the bus and differential receive capability to the CAN controller.
It is primarily intended for high-speed automotive applications using baud rates from 60 kbaud up to 1 Mbaud. It provides differential transmit capability to the bus and differential receiver capability to the CAN protocol controller. It is fully compatible to the“ISO 11898” standard.
high-speed automotive application
flight state sensor
• Fully compatible with the “ISO 11898” standard
• High speed (up to 1 Mbaud)
• Very low ElectroMagnetic Emission (EME)
• Differential receiver with wide common-mode range for high ElectroMagnetic Immunity (EMI)
• An unpowered node does not disturb the bus lines
• Transmit Data (TXD) dominant time-out function
• Silent mode in which the transmitter is disabled
• Bus pins protected against transients in an automotive environment
• Input levels compatible with 3.3 V and 5 V devices
• Thermally protected
• Short-circuit proof to battery and to ground
• At least 110 nodes can be connected.
1. TXD: transmit data input; reads in data from the CAN controller to the bus line drivers
2. GND: ground
3. VCC: supply voltage
4. RXD: receive data output; reads out data from the bus lines to the CAN controller
5. Vref: reference voltage output
6. CANL: LOW-level CAN bus line
7. CANH: HIGH-level CAN bus line
8. S: select input for high-speed mode or silent mode